Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good News

Well, we heard from the bank yesterday. We were sure they were not going to do much of anything with the house. They are doing all our requests! That means that they are replacing the furnace, the are taking care of some electrical issues, mudd jacking the carport on the side of the house so it doesn't lean in towards the house, fixing the drainage problems on two of the corners of the house, taking care of the mold in the basement (that was caused by some leaks that they already took care of) and fixing the chipped paint. We are really excited about it. Now we can get started looking for carpet and stuff. I've already picked out my paint colors. I think we're going to do a really light gray with white ceilings and baseboards. The office is going to be a really light aqua color with one wall a collage of maps wall papered to the wall. Cayden's room will be a light blue decorated with Disney Car's theme. Scott's and my room will be a light tealish. I think the basement will be all gray and white I think. Anyway I'm excited. I get to start looking at curtain patterns and stuff. Hopefully everything works out. I think we're in it for good this time though. No turning back now. I think the best thing about the house is the location. It's a mile from where I work out. Maybe two from Scott's work. It's also a really nice neighborhood, with lots of big trees and green. It's also in a really good school district. When Cayden grows up he'll go to school where Scott teaches. We're really excited and nervous at the same time. We officially close on the 25th of Sept. It depends on how long the bank takes to fix everything, but we're hoping that we can move up the date a week or so. That will give us enough time to come clean the hosue, take out the carpet, fix walls and baseboards, and paint. Lots to do now. Wish us luck!!

No comments: